Caterham High School is committed to keeping your personal data safe and will work within the Six Principles of Data Processing in the General Data Protection Regulation. This will ensure that we uphold the rights of data subjects.
The school is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, our registration number is: Z6824002.
The school needs to keep certain information about students, employees and other users to allow it to fulfil its duties. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices Caterham High School has provided or contact the school to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to:
- provide education, training, welfare and educational support services
- administer school property
- maintain our own accounts and records
- carry out fundraising
- support and manage our employees
We also use CCTV systems to monitor and collect visual images for security and the prevention of crime.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relating to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- name and personal details
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- education details
- employment details
- student and disciplinary records
- vetting checks
- goods and services
- visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- trade union membership
- sexual life
- offences and alleged offences
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- our students and pupils
- advisers and other professional experts
- school staff
- fitness suite members /users
- hirers of facilities
- members of school boards
- donors and potential donors
- complainants and enquirers
- individuals captured by CCTV images
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- education, training, careers and examining bodies
- school staff and boards
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- local and central government
- healthcare professionals
- social and welfare organisations
- police forces
- current, past or prospective employers
- voluntary and charitable organisations
- business associates and other professional advisers
- suppliers and service providers
- financial organisations
- security organisations
- insurance providers
- press and the media
Transferring information overseas
Generally we do not transfer any personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The only exception to this is where we may need to share participant information for an overseas trip to a travel provider in a country outside of the European Economic Area.
Queries and Further Guidance
Data Protection Contact: To contact the schools data protection lead please email email@example.com.
Further general information and guidance can also be found on the Information Commissioners Office website.