- I am a Parent/Carer
I am a Parent/Carer
Safeguarding children and young people means protecting them from abuse or neglect, getting the right support in place as early as possible and creating an environment in which children and young people feel safe and healthy.
We all have a personal responsibility to notice when a child or young person may be being abused and pass our concerns to someone who can act to protect them.
This part of the website is for parents, carers, anyone with parental responsibility, relatives, friends and neighbours who need information or advice.
Keeping children safe is everybody’s responsibility.
Parent Info is a free service that shares articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents keep up with what their children are doing on-line. Parent Info is a collaboration between CEOP and Parent Zone.
The following links also provide further information on specific areas relating to Safeguarding:
- Guidance on Radicalisation and Extremism
- Private Fostering
- Getting support with domestic abuse, substance or alcohol misuse and mental health
- Early Help and Intervention in Redbridge
- Children’s Social Care – Children and Family Assessment
- UNICEF Child Friendly Borough
- What is Child Abuse?
- Types of Abuse
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Physical Punishment
- Dangerous Dogs
- Information for Parents and Carers of Children and Young People with SEN or Disabilities
- Female Genital Mutiliation (FGM)
- Safe Sleeping for Babies
- Choosing Childcare
- Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- Does your child have asthma?
- eSafety – Keeping your child safe on-line
- Safeguarding in Schools
- Private Tuition
- Child Protection Conferences – What Parents Need to Know
- Want to make a complaint about a Child Protection Conference?
- Children’s Health and Parents Related by Blood – Genetic Risk