Opportunities Post Sixth Form
Students can access further information and resources via the Sixth Form folder on the Pupil Drive.
Guidance on completing your application will be provided during assemblies, tutorials and PSE lessons.
Click here to search for Apprenticeship opportunities.
Medical University Interviews
December through to March is when most universities will be conducting interviews for medical school applicants. To help with your interview preparations we have listed over 100 interview questions and some helpful tips on how to approach the interviews.
Caterham High School will also hold a one day workshop for aspiring applicants. Please see Mr Casey for further information.
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice you will:-
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Study towards a related qualification (usually one day a week)
Apprenticeships take 1 to 4 years to complete depending on their level.
Levels of Apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship has an equivalent education level and can be:
- Intermediate- equivalent to 5 GCSE passes
- Advanced – equivalent to 2 A level passes
- Higher – can lead to NVQ level 4 and above, or a foundation degree
Who Can Apply
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you are still at school. To start one, you will need to be:-
- 16 or over
- Living in England
- Not in full time education
How to Apply
There are 3 steps to applying for an apprenticeship.
1. Search for an apprenticeship.
2. Sign in or create an account
3. Complete and submit your application
The National Careers Service has advice on writing applications and what to do at interviews.